Peter was born and raised in sunny Southern California. He grew up in the church, but really began to follow Christ in junior high school. In his freshman year in college, he felt the call to become a missionary and began to go on short-term mission trips. After college, he worked for a few years in the tech industry before being reminded of his call to be a missionary. He decided to begin seminary and began serving in church. He began leading mission teams all around the world and has had the privilege of visiting over 25 countries (though not all were for missions). After meeting Polly (in Jerusalem through seminary), they headed to East Asia and served there for 5 years before moving to Taiwan. He hopes to serve the Lord to see His kingdom come and His will be done on earth as it is in heaven. He enjoys USC football, Mexican food, and learning languages.
Peter's wife, Polly, was born in Taiwan and spent her first twelve years in Taiwan. Afterwards, her family immigrated to Christchurch, New Zealand where she received her secondary school and university education and became a dentist. She spent a few years working before being reminded of her dream to become a missionary. It was during high school that she felt the call to be a missionary and reach the Chinese speaking world. With this dream in mind, she moved to the USA to pursue a Masters degree in Bible Exposition. Today, she hopes to utilize her dental skills to reach the people in Taiwan and abroad. She loves traveling, cooking shows, and hanging out with family and friends.
● Bachelor of Science from University of Southern California (2001)
● Master of Divinity from Talbot School of Theology (2008)
● Master of Arts in Applied Linguistics (2009)
● Master of Theology in New Testament (2016)
Peter’s Ministry Experience
● Ordained minister through Missionary Church of USA (since 2011)
● Korean American Campus Mission, serving on staff and then as General Director (2002-2009)
● Cerritos Mission Church, serving in the following capacities at various times: Associate English Ministry Pastor, College Pastor, Children’s Ministry Pastor, English Ministry Interim Pastor (2004-2010, 2015-2016)
● Independent Missionary, commissioned through Cerritos Mission Church: ministry to migrant children, campus ministry, campus evangelism, preaching in churches, teaching in seminaries (2010-present)
● Seminary in Beijing: Professor of New Testament (2017-present)
Want to know more? Register for the “Meet the Kims” Lunch, Sunday, Feb. 25th, 1:00–2:30pm. Join us in room 501 of the church building for lunch and a chance to meet and learn more about Peter and Polly. You must register for this event, and registration is limited to 20. Register here.