1. How did you first get involved with Friendship Presbyterian? I came to FPC through Kristie Truell, who was in a Bible study with my wife, Donna. Kristie introduced us to [former Assistant Pastor] Jason Truell, and...here we are 5+ years later.
2. What do you do from Monday to Saturday? Donna and I have two kids, Sarah and Elijah, and on the weekends we ride bikes, design video games at my studio, and explore Taiwan. I am a software entrepreneur and an investor in software companies, do consulting for governments and NGOs, and travel quite a bit.
3. What is something people might be surprised to know about you? I have not read a single work of fiction, or watched professional or college sports, in over ten years.
4. What do you find most challenging about being a Christian today? In our era, much of the world has turned to humanist scientism [the reduction of human knowledge to what can and cannot be proven by scientific procedure], and works explicitly against Jesus and his people. Working in technology/media is particularly challenging for Christians today because of the rise of humanist scientism.
5. What is your favorite book of the Bible? Revelation. It's totally awesome. God, the creator of the universe and everything in it, has revealed his plan and the future for heaven and earth and us.