Who We Are
Friendship Church is a gospel centered, multi-ethnic, English speaking church family in Taipei, Taiwan.
We exist as a church "for the glory of God and the good of Taipei." That statement informs everything we do as a church body.
The three core values of Friendship Church are our guiding principles for living out the unique way in which God has called us to make disciples in the city of Taipei.
Worship: We are a people formed by the gospel. Worship is both the chief end of man and a priority because we were made to worship.
Community: We are a people gathered by the gospel. The church is a group of people gathered together by God to participate in his community together.
Mission: We are a people propelled by the gospel. The local church is where the rubber hits the road in terms of the gospel. We seek to equip every Christian to be active and serving in our church, city, and the world.
Here are some things that describe us:
Gospel-Centered: Being gospel-centered means that we turn to the gospel, by its content and implications, to shape the whole of our church life, activities and priorities. We seek to be a church that preaches the gospel unashamedly and which finds our motivation for service and ministry in the gospel itself.
Reformed: We are a reformed congregation. This means we trace our roots back to the Reformation and to the system of theology contained in the representative confessions and catechisms of the reformed tradition.
Presbyterian: We subscribe to the Presbyterian form of Church Government whereby the authority of the Church lies with the Elders who are elected representatives of the church members.
- We believe the Bible is the written word of God, inspired by the Holy Spirit and without error in the original manuscripts. The Bible is the revelation of God’s truth and is infallible and authoritative in all matters of faith and practice.
- We believe in the Holy Trinity. There is one God, who exists eternally in three persons: the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit.
- We believe that all are sinners and totally unable to save themselves from God’s displeasure except by His mercy.
- We believe that salvation is by God alone as He sovereignly chooses those He will save. We believe His choice is based on His grace, not on any human individual merit, or foreseen faith.
- We believe that Jesus Christ is the eternal Son of God, who through His perfect life and sacrificial death atoned for the sins of all who will trust in Him, alone, for salvation.
- We believe that God is gracious and faithful to His people not simply as individuals but as families in successive generations according to His Covenant promises.
- We believe that the Holy Spirit indwells God’s people and gives them the strength and wisdom to trust Christ and follow Him.
- We believe that Jesus will return, bodily and visibly, to judge all mankind and to receive His people to Himself.
- We believe that all aspects of our lives are to be lived to the glory of God under the Lordship of Jesus Christ