• Advent Events
- Sunday, Dec. 9th – Advent continues. This year, the Junior Class children will be leading the readings. Today we light the Candle of Peace.
- Saturday, Dec. 22nd – Night Market Caroling
- Sunday, Dec. 23rd – 11:00am: The children will give their Christmas presentation during the worship service before Sunday School. Join us in the fellowship hall for a Christmas fellowship time after the service.
- Monday, Dec. 24th – Christmas Eve Candlelight Service, 7:30pm, 4th Floor Chapel, followed by rooftop candle lighting, carols, and refreshments.
- Preaching Schedule:
Sunday, Dec. 9th - Peter Brown
Sunday, Dec. 16th - Peter Wang
Sunday, Dec. 23rd - Pastor Peter Kim
Sunday, Dec. 30th - Pastor Peter Kim
• Communion Sunday – Dec. 9th: We will hold our monthly celebration of the Lord’s Supper during the service of Sunday, Dec. 9th. Please prepare your hearts to participate in this intimate act of recognition of our dependence on our Lord Jesus Christ.
• Monthly Prayer Group – Dec. 11th: FPC’s monthly prayer group, “The Engine Room,” is now meeting regularly on the second Tuesday of each month. Accordingly, the November meeting will be held Tuesday, Nov. 13th. Come join us for an evening of kingdom-centered prayer. We gather at 7:30pm on the 4th ﬂoor of the church building and go into prayer from 7:45 to 9:00. All are welcome.
• Youth/6th-Graders Gift Exchange – Friday, Dec. 21st, 6:30-9:00pm: All FPC teens and 6th-graders are invited to a White Elephant gift-exchange party, with dinner provided by the church. Required permission slips will be available in Sunday School class and at the Newcomer Welcome table in the fellowship hall. Please return the signed slip to Sam Huang, Peter Brown, or Anna Wang. One slip needed per family. Friends are welcome! (But also need a slip.)
• Spotlight on Service: Did you know that each Sunday Church Service at FPC takes an average of 28 individual acts of service? We would like to extend a heartfelt thank you to the 64 individuals who served FPC during a Sunday Service in October. If you would like to join our team of volunteers, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
• C.S. Lewis Group: The C.S. Lewis community group meets bi-weekly on Thursday evenings at a pub to read and discuss Christian books by C.S. Lewis over beers. The next book we are discussing is, “The Problem of Pain.” If you are interested, email email@example.com for an invitation.
• New Mothers & Wives Facebook Group: This is a Facebook Group created to support mothers and wives in their walk with the Lord and their families. We encourage all mothers and wives from our FPC congregation to join. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more details.