Happy Easter! Open up your calendars and make sure you have these important dates and events in them...
• Commissioning of Michelle Ko – March 25th. We are commissioning Michelle Ko as our missionary to Africa. This is her second term of service. Following the worship service on the 25th, you may greet Michelle and receive her prayer card regarding her return to Africa as a missionary. You may also give her a special financial offering, and join her for lunch at the church apartment at 1:15 pm. Bring your own lunch. Drinks will be provided. If you need a receipt for your gift, please place your gift in a church giving envelope with your e-mail and phone number.
• Celebrating Judy Chang’s Return – March 25th. We will be having cake downstairs today in the fellowship hall immediately after the service to celebrate the return to health of former elder Bill Chang’s daughter Judy Chang. Come and join us.
• G2C (student ministry group) Picnic – March 25th. Bring your lunch and join us! Meet in the fellowship hall at 1:00pm.
• Monthly Prayer Group – March 27th, 7:30-9:15pm. Come join us at “The Engine Room,” FPC’s monthly prayer group, for an evening of kingdom-centered prayer. We gather at the church apartment at 7:30pm and go into prayer from 8:00 to 9:15. All are welcome. Contact Peter Brown for the address (email@example.com).
• Easter Announcements:
Good Friday Tenebrae Service – Friday, March 30th, 7:30-8:30pm. The purpose of the Tenebrae service is to recreate the emotional aspects of the passion story. The tone is meant to be somber because the occasion is somber. It is a service that lets the accent fall on the darkness of the crucifixion of Christ. The music will be led by Alan Fiol and our orchestra, and includes readings from the crucifixion story, the lighting and the extinguishing of candles, and the return of the Christ candle at the end looking forward to his resurrection. It will include cross nailing and the Lord’s Supper.
Easter Sunday Service – Sunday, April 1st. The children will be presenting on this day during the worship service.
• G2C (student ministry group) Retreat, April 4th-6th. We will be holding our first-ever retreat in Wulai. Spots are limited, so sign up quickly. You can either LINE-message “uscby,” or use this QR code.
• Offering Tax Receipts. The 2017 tax offering receipts are at the office. If you would like to receive your receipt, please visit Anna. The receipts will be held through the month of April, but will no longer be available after that. Make sure you pick yours up.
• Baptism Class – April 8th, 1:30–2:30pm. There will be a Sunday School class for adults on the topic of baptism. The class will be held in room 801 of the building at 261 Roosevelt Road. All are welcome.
• Fit Kids Club Outreach – April 21st, 9:00am – 2:00pm. Our next Fit Kids event will be at the Ban Qiao 435 Art Zone. On April 21st, Jackie Zuiderhof and her team will be leading us in lots of fun, games, and art activities! Details of how to get there and the scheduled plan of activities will be handed out during Sunday school closer to the time. Fit Kids is an outreach ministry, so take this opportunity to invite along some friends.
• Church Membership Class – April 28th & 29th. Get it on your calendar. Details to follow.