• Preaching Schedule for August: For the month of August, there will be four guest preachers and then on Sunday, September 2nd, Pastor Peter Kim will be installed, with Dr. Paul Kong preaching and leading the service. The August schedule is as follows:
August 5: Peter Brown
August 12: Kalan Spencer
August 19: Rev. Pastor Paul Kong
August 26: Pastor Peter Wang
• G2C Workshop: “Engaging Popular Culture,” Aug. 5th, 12th, & 19th: Ever wonder how to begin a gospel conversation with a movie like "Deadpool 2"? Or a song like "Let It Go"? FPC's university ministry, Gospel 2 the Campus (G2C), is beginning a three-Sunday workshop, "Engaging Popular Culture." It will be held on the 5th, 12th, and 19th of August from 1:30 to 3:00pm. This workshop will be open to the entire congregation. It will focus on how Christians can engage works of popular culture, such as music and movies, in order to preach the gospel, or to defend the faith if the work poses an attack. The aim is to encourage Christians to appreciate the common grace present (however dimly) in nearly all works of popular culture, to discover the idolatry growing from it, and to subdue it with the gospel of Jesus Christ.
• Children’s Ministry Summer Schedule: Regular classes will resume Sunday, Aug. 5th. Children moving up to Grade 3 this new school year should stay in room 402. Children moving up to Grade 6 should stay in room 501.
• Ban Qiao Summer Vacation Bible School: Our church planter Toon Yeo in Ban Qiao is looking for one more person to help for their VBS. The position is to help lead (already prepared) games and songs from August 13th to the 17th from 9:00am to 12:00pm. Lunch will also be provided. Email the church if you might be interested to serve in this way (email@example.com).
• Monthly Prayer Group – Tuesday, Aug. 14th, 7:30-9:00pm: Come join us at “The Engine Room,” FPC’s monthly prayer group, for an evening of kingdom-centered prayer. We gather at 7:30pm on the 4th floor of the church building and go into prayer from 7:45 to 9:00. All are welcome.
• Congregational Meeting – Sunday, Aug. 19th: On Sunday, August 19th, right after the service, we will have a brief congregational meeting in the 4th floor chapel. We will have a time of prayer for Pastor Peter Kim and our entire church family as we transition to this exciting next chapter with Pastor Peter as our new pastor. We will also vote on a minor amendment to his contract. The meeting will end before 1:00pm.