1. How did you first get involved with Friendship Presbyterian? I first met [FPC members] James and Monica Jih through a reunion with a mutual friend, Mike, who was my pastor in Pittsburgh. I am from Taiwan and spent two years in Pittsburgh as a visiting scholar doing research with a prestigious professor. Mike came to Taiwan with his wife to visit his father in-law and also caught up with James and Monica.
2. What do you do Monday through Saturday? I have a full-time job as an engineer in an auto-injector manufacturing company. I work Monday through Friday and stay chill on Saturday.
3. What is something people might be surprised to know about you? I have done skydiving with friends from a height of 15,000 feet from a helicopter. The experience was scary, but amazing.
4. What do you find most challenging about being a Christian today? To use time smartly. Because there are so many temptations out there in the world that make every effort to steal your attention away from serving God.
5. What is one of your favorite books of the Bible? I love the stories of King David. He escaped and suffered a lot before he really became the king on the throne. Also, in many ways, his story is as down-to-earth as any living person here today. David succeeded and failed in different areas of his life. So my favorite books are 1st and 2nd Samuel.